Address：Dept. Civil Engineering|| Tsinghua university|| Beijing|| 100084 PR China
Bachelor: Sep.2000 – Jul.2004, Department of Construction Management, Tsinghua UniversityPhD: Sep.2004 – Jul.2009, Institute of Real Estate Studies, Tsinghua University
Jul.2012-present : Associate Professor, Department of Construction Management, Tsinghua UniversityMar.2011- Jul.2012 : Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Real Estate Studies, National University of SingaporeMar.2010-Mar.2011 : Research Fellow, Institute of Real Estate Studies, National University of Singapore
1. Real Estate Appraisal2. Real Estate Investment3. Analytical, Theories, Techniques and Tools4. Engineering Economy
1. Real estate investment2. Urban and real estate economics3. Public finance4. Local government behaviors
1. "Research on Application of Big Data to Residential Mortgage Risk Management in China," National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016 – 2018.2. "Measurement and Research on Residential Land Price Dynamics in Major Chinese Cities," National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2014 – 2017.3. "Measurement and Research on Municipal Authorities’ Behaviors in Housing Market Intervention in China," National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011 – 2013.
1. Research Fellow, Cornell Center for China Economic Research, Cornell University2. Journal Referee: Journal of Urban Economics; Regional Science and Urban Economics; China Economic Review; Journal of Macroeconomics; Cities; International Journal of Strategic Property Management; Journal of Business and Economic Management; Frontiers of Economics in China; BE Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy; Journal of Construction in Developing Countries; Journal of Housing Economics; Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics; Real Estate Economics; Urban Studies; Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy
Honors and Awards
Oct., 2015 Excellent Teaching Award for Young Faculty, Tsinghua University.Dec., 2014 Excellent Teaching Award (First Grade), Tsinghua University.Jul., 2013 Best Paper Award (Second Prize), 2013 Annual Conference of Global Chinese Real Estate Congress.Jan., 2012 Best Research Project Award (Second Prize), Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of ChinaNov., 2011 Best Paper Award (First Prize), 2011 Annual Conference of China Association of Real Estate Academicians.Apr., 2011 Best Paper Award (First Prize), 2011 Annual Conference of Global Chinese Real Estate Congress.
1. “Evaluating the Risk of Chinese Housing Markets: What We Know and What We Need to Know,” with Joseph Gyourko and Yongheng Deng, China Economic Review, 2016, 39: 91-114.2. “The Price Premium for Green-Labelled Housing: Evidence from China,” with Li Zhang and Hongyu Liu, Urban Studies, forthcoming.3. "Doing Well by Doing Good? The Case of Housing Construction Quality in China," with Jia He, Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016, 57: 46-53.4. "Hedging House Price Risk in China," with Jia He and Haishi Li, Real Estate Economics, forthcoming.5. "Real Estate Collateral Value and Investment: The Case of China," with Yongheng Deng and Joseph Gyourko, Journal of Urban Economics, 2015, 86: 43-53. (NBER Working Paper #18762).6. "China’s Pseudo-monetary Policy," with Yongheng Deng, Randall Morck and Bernard Yeung, Review of Finance, 2015, 19: 55-93. (NBER Working Paper #16871)7. "Intercity Information Diffusion and Price Discovery in Housing Market: Evidence from Google Searches," with Yongheng Deng, Journal of Real Estate Economics and Finance, 2015, 50: 289-306.8. "Incentives and Outcomes: China’s Environmental Policy," with Yongheng Deng, Jun Huang, Randall Morck and Bernard Yeung, Capitalism and Society, 2014, 9: 1-41. (NBER Working Paper #18754)9. "House Price Index Construction in the Nascent Housing Market: The Case of China," with Yongheng Deng and Hongyu Liu, Journal of Real Estate Economics and Finance, 2014, 48: 522-545.10. "Economic Returns to Residential Green Building Investment: The Developer’s Perspective," with Yongheng Deng, Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2014, 47: 35-44.11. "Evaluating Conditions in Major Chinese Housing Markets," with Yongheng Deng and Joseph Gyourko, Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2012, 42: 531-543. (NBER Working Paper #16189)12. "The Nascent Market for Green Real Estate in Beijing," with Yongheng Deng, Matthew Khan and Siqi Zheng, European Economic Review, 2012, 56: 974-984.13. "Land and House Price Measurement in China," with Yongheng Deng and Joseph Gyourko, Property Markets and Financial Stability, Heath A., Packer F. and Windsor C. eds., Bank of International Settlement and Reserve Bank of Australia, 2012. (NBER Working Paper #16871; selected in The NBER Digest, February, 2013 )14. Over 30 academic articles published in Chinese.